2, 3 April
I got about 5 hours of interrupted sleep on the plane, but otherwise it feels like I've been up for days. The flights were essentially uneventful--had to keep getting up to let the guy next to me take his mother to the bathroom. Watched The Last Samurai and Cheaper By The Dozen--not impressed by either.
The second flight was late so I had to run to the 3rd, but it was late too. Getting the visa took forever--next time get it ahead, then you can zip thru the fast lane.
Then had trouble finding Chandra and it was a little sketchy. It turned out for a good reason though--there were some violent protests downtown. Later before dinner, Chandra and I talked for a while about the politics, about US politics, about the trip. It sounds like I am going to fly to Pokra for 2 days when I'm back, then spend another 2 days in the Nat'l Park Chitwan.
Money was an issue. Many people want you to pay US$ which I didn't bring a lot of. Finding and ATM was very hard. I finally did though and thru 2 transactions pulled out the 60k rupees I owed Chandra.
Walked around a bit, bought some gloves, checked email. Saw an awesome looking German bakery that I want to try. Also saw some tables for around 16k rupees. Did not see a fabric store.
I'm staying at a *** hotel called Harati in Thamel. It's okay. Oh yeah KTM is DIRTY.
It's 9 pm--I'm exhausted. Time to catch some zzz's before tomorrow's 5 am wake-up call.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment